Welcome to the 2021 annual Leveraging Our Strengths (LOS) Conference. In its 20-year history, we are offering this year’s conference virtually for the first time.
The objective of LOS is to share best practices and provide capacity building and mutual learning opportunities to strengthen the social service sector.
Implementing Equitable, Diverse, and Inclusive (EDI) policies across an organization and network of partners can be complex. Taking a systematic approach helps deliver effective EDI programs. This year’s keynote speaker and panel conversation will focus on sharing information that organizations can:
- Successfully develop and implement EDI policies and frameworks.
- Remove systemic barriers and ensure that their EDI activities are not tokenistic or performative by ensuring that they are well resourced.
- Take action to make progress on EDI at all levels of the institution.
- Set benchmarks and indicators for diversity and inclusion.
- Monitor progress on EDI policies and practices with an intersectional lens.
- Create a safe space for people who are not always seen and heard to feel comfortable participating.
- Ensure strong and visible commitment to EDI by the organization’s leadership
The objective of this year’s conference is to set a stage for continuous learning about EDI and help organizations put in place the right conditions for each individual, including those from underrepresented groups—women, racialized minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities and members of LGBTQ2+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, Two-Spirit, plus) communities—to reach their full potential, unimpeded by inequitable practices, including personal and systemic discrimination and racism, imposed by policies, processes and other practices in work environments.